Zuba Woven Bowls - Black
The Local + Lejos Zuba Bowl is appropriately named after the Kinyarwanda word for sun. Local + Lejos Collection color tones will bring a crisp pop & ray of light into your home. Perfect for keys by the front door or as part of an intricate wall collage, the Zuba Bowl is sure to be a household favourite.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Zuba bowls are made by artisans from the Abizeranye Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl/ 5-7 days to weave a 16" tray
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Dimensions: Medium - 12" diameter/ Large - 16"
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda