Traditional Sisal Peace Basket
In Rwanda, these Sisal Peace Baskets are given at weddings or on other special occasions, containing gifts of friendship and thanks . Simple yet thoughtful, the traditional pattern symbolizes the mountain path of friends bearing such gifts, hidden in baskets.
The Handcrafted Details
- Weavers work for 4-5 days to weave one of these traditional baskets
- Woven from hand gathered sisal fibres, a renewable resource
- Dimensions: Approximately 4" diameter x 9.5" high
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda