Neri Woven Bowls
The Local + Lejos Collection Neri small bowl and large serving tray are long-time favourites. Inspired by traditional Rwandan design, these pieces can be used as a catch-all on a kitchen counter or nightstand. Either size is an excellent gift, even if it is just to yourself!
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Neri bowls are made by artisans from the Abizeranye Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl/ 5-7 days to weave a large tray
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Dimensions: Small - 7" diameter/ Large - 16" diameter
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth