Neli Woven Bowls
The Local + Lejos Collection Neli Bowl was appropriately named after the Kinyarwanda word for star. Perfect for keys by the front door or as part of an intricate wall collage, the Neli Bowl is sure to be a household favourite.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Neli bowls are made by artisans from the Abizeranye Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Dimensions: Medium - 12" diameter
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda