Queen Kahina was a berber warrior queen who led her North African nation against an invasion.
This Kahina Keyring is made of dynamic rope embellished with wax cotton thread and gold lurex thread adorned with glass and brass beads. Trade beads are precious glass, horn, bone and ceramic beads that were circulated among the African and European trade routes. They were originally used as currency between Europe and Africa dating back to the 17th century. Current African trade beads are a mix of antique tribal pieces as well as more recent reproductions. These beads are relics of tribal trade and often include hand markings, irregularities in finishing natural patinas and tool marks.
The Handcrafted Details
- Made of dynamic re-purposed rope embellished with wax cotton thread and gold lurex thread adorned with glass and brass beads
- This keyring is approximately 5.5" in length
- Colour: Black and white zig zag with beige, dark green and gold detail
- Finished with custom rope closure
- Fun addition for keys, handbags, clutches and home interiors
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in South Africa