Hand Woven Zuba Trivet
We love these hand woven trivets, which will look beautiful in your kitchen, on your dining room table or hanging on the wall. Mix and match with woven bowls and wall hangings for a striking and dynamic gallery wall.
Each trivet begins with the gathering of forest grasses and large sisal leaves. Once the sisal fibres have been extracted from the leaf, cleaned, dyed with Rwandan tea leaves and dried, the artisans are ready to begin. The sisal fibres are threaded around and around a core of forest grasses, the design taking shape bit by bit. In the end, you have a beautiful and practical handmade masterpiece!
Hand woven trivets also make a lovely housewarming or hostess gift. Pair one with a set of our coasters!
The Zuba trivets are made by artisans from the Abizeranye Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Woven from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Each trivet has a loop on the back for hanging
- Dimensions: approximately 9" in diameter
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth in the direction of the sisal fibres
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda