Macy White Collection - Great Divide Woven Bowls
The Great Divide Woven Bowl Collection can be hung with a vertical break or a horizontal break, adding versatility to your personal space. Add a pop of texture to your space by adding a woven bowl on your wall, down your hallway or paired with the full Macy White Collection!
The Macy White Home Collection are curated items designed by interior designer Macy White from Oklahoma, USA.
This collection is inspired by nature. While watching the sunrise through the clouds, Macy breaths in a new day and all new mercies that come with it. The sunset on the horizon while on the back porch with her family, Macy feels the vastness of this world and knows that every day has a purpose.
One of Macy's mantras is design with intentionality. Having a space that is full of pieces that tell a story is what makes a house come alive. Experiencing the items while being around people you love is what makes a house a home.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Great Divide woven bowls are made by artisans from the Abihuta mu Iterambere Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Handwoven bowls are crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl/ 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl/ 5-7 days to weave a large tray
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Dimensions: Small - 7" diameter/ Medium - 12" diameter/ Large - 18" diameter
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda