Flight Woven Bowls
Imagine the medium bowl on your dining room table filled with warm bread or fruit. The small bowl is a beautiful way to hold jewellery or keys or it may be filled with small treats and used as a gift basket. Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging- the trio looks gorgeous on a blank wall.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
Slight variations add to the distinct beauty of products that are entirely made by hand.
The Flight bowls are made by artisans from the Zamuka Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl/ 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl
- Dimensions: Small - 7" diameter/ Medium - 12" diameter approximately
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda