Akazi Woven Bowls - Black
Local + Lejos Collection Akazi Bowls are both functional and decorative, with a distinct geometric pattern fit for a modern home. Use to store fruit, jewellery, or alternatively, hang on the wall as an accent piece. This best selling design draws from traditional Rwandan patterns.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
Slight variations add to the distinct beauty of products that are entirely made by hand.
The Akazi bowls are made by artisans from the Abizeranye Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Pattern: Tea with Black
- Dimensions: Medium - 12" diameter
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda