Akaneri Woven Bowls - Light
For the design of the Akaneri series, Local + Lejos designer Sheeva took a truly traditional pattern of the Abizeranye Cooperative in Rwanda and tweaked the colours to fit perfectly into a modern home. The Akaneri Bowl can add the finishing touch to any living space.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Akaneri bowls are made by artisans from the Abizeranye Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Pattern: Black Diamonds on Tea
- Dimensions: Small - 7" diameter/ Medium - 12" diameter
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda