Each Blantyre Jar is handcrafted, made from up-cycled wine bottles and topped with a luxurious mahogany lid, hand turned to fit each jar.
Skilled artisans in glass work and wood turning were found in the underbelly of one of the marketplaces in Blantyre, Malawi. One making doorknobs, the other glasses, using indigenous techniques passed down by their forefathers. Their natural aptitude, paired with imaginative design, resulted in the exquisite award winning Blantyre Jar.
Ideal for storing items in the kitchen, the bathroom or just as display pieces. They make a striking addition to any room.
Slight variations add to the distinct beauty of products that are entirely made by hand.
The Handcrafted Details
- Each jar is handcrafted and made from salvaged wine bottles collected from local Malawian restaurants
- Colour: Green or transparent with a solid mahogany lid each with a unique wood grain
- Available in 4 different lid designs - large conical, small conical, pagoda + sphere. Please note lids are not air tight.
- Colour: Green or transparent glass with mahogany lid
- Each jar comes in a perfectly formed handmade box made of recycled cardboard
- Approximate dimensions: 3" diameter x 8" high
- Care: Hand wash only with mild soap and immediately dry lids
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Malawi