Bariku Woven Bowls - White
The Local + Lejos Collection Bariku Bowl is both functional and decorative, with diamond-shaped bursts of colour hand woven into the bowl. Grab a set of different sized or different coloured bowls for a cohesive, yet distinctive addition to any room.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Bariku bowls are made by artisans from the Abizeranye Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl/ 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Dimensions: Small - 7" diameter/ Medium - 12" diameter
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth