Banana Panel Nesting Baskets
Lightweight and versatile, these baskets are crafted with an overlay of woven banana leaves and lined with cotton fabric. Created to nest within each other, the Banana Panel Baskets can be purchased individually, or as a set.
To create these boxes, artisans begin with dried leaves from their banana trees. They remove the surface of the leaf, divide it into strips, then weave the chevron design. The black colour leaf is from a special kind of banana tree. The box’s lining is sewn on a pedal-powered sewing machine.
The collection is a wonderful way to stay organized! The large size cube is designed to fit into all your modular storage shelves.
The Banana Panel Nesting Baskets are made by artisans from the Twivanemubukene Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Baskets are crafted from hand-gathered local banana leaves
- Exterior is a natural tan and black chevron pattern
- Interior is lined with solid black cotton fabric
- Baskets can be purchased individually or as a set of three
- On average, the baskets measure approximately: Large - 12”w x 12”d x 12”h. Medium - 10”w x 10”d x 10”h. Small - 8”w x 8”d x 8”h
- Care: Basket - Wipe with a damp cloth. Lining- machine wash cold, tumble dry
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda