Aura Woven Bowls - Blush
Simple in its design but powerful in its impact, the Aura Bowl is handmade using ancient grass-weaving techniques by our artisan women in Rwanda. The medium bowl is the perfect way to bring a pop of tradition into any space.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Aura bowls are made by artisans from the Abizeranye Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Pattern: Tea with Blush
- Dimensions: Medium - 12" diameter approximately
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda