Akaneri Woven Bowls - Indigo
For the design of the Akaneri series, Local + Lejos designer Sheeva took a truly traditional pattern of the Abizeranye Cooperative in Rwanda and tweaked the colors to fit perfectly into a modern home. The Akaneri Bowl can add the finishing touch to any living space.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
Slight variations add to the distinct beauty of products that are entirely made by hand.
The Akaneri bowls are made by artisans from the Abizeranye Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl/ 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl
- Pattern: Tea Diamonds on Indigo
- Dimensions: Small - 7" diameter/ Medium - 12" diameter approximately
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda