Prism Woven Bowls - Light Pink + Teal
For the design of the Prism pattern, designer Sheeva combined colours from her native land, Los Angeles, and the native land of our artisan women, Rwanda. Bringing together the teal of the Pacific Ocean and the pink tones of the East African sunrise to give you the perfect reminder of warmer months, wherever you may be.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Prism bowls are made by artisans from the Abizeranye Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl and 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Dimensions: Small - 7" diameter/ Medium - 12" diameter
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda