Neri Woven Bowls - White on Tea
The Neri design is a long-time favourite from the Local + Lejos Collection. Inspired by traditional Rwandan design, the calming tea with white colour way is a wonderful neutral addition for your bowl wall or as a catch-all bowl. It’s easy to gift because it goes with so many different décor styles.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Neri bowls are made by artisans from the Abizeranye Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl/ 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl/ 5-7 days to weave a large tray
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Dimensions: Small - 7" diameter/ Medium - 12" diameter/ Large - 16" diameter
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda