Macy White Collection - Trio Woven Bowls
With bold lines and natural fibre tones, the Macy White Home Collection Trio is the most contemporary of the four Macy White Collections.
The Macy White Home Collection are curated items designed by interior designer Macy White form Oklahoma, USA.
One of Macy's mantras is design with intentionality. Having a space that is full of pieces that tell a story is what makes a house come alive. Experiencing those items while being around people your love is what makes a house a home.
Macy grew up very close to her mother and sister. The triple line design of the Trio symbolizes balance and cohesive simplicity, illustrating the bond her family has developed through painful seasons and thriving ones.
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibres woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the basket, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea colour is created when the naturally-white sisal fibres are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Trio woven bowls are made by artisans from the Abihuta mu Iterambere Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Crafted from natural sisal fibres threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl/ 2-3 days to weave a medium bowl/ 5-7 days to weave a large tray
- Each woven bowl has a loop on the back for hanging
- Dimensions: Small - 7" diameter/ Medium - 12" diameter/ Large - 18" diameter
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda