Banana Panel Pop-Up Bag - Golden Floral
These Banana Panel Pop-Up Bags are among our favourites! The 'Pop-Up' magic happens when the bottom banana panel of the bag is pressed into the bottom fabric panel, converting the bag from flat to a beautiful handbag that is so easy to store when not in use.
Artisans use up cycled banana fibres to create the woven panels then add gitenge market fabric on the sides to create this bag. Your bag will arrive to you flat, but when you place the bottom banana panel in place, the bag will take its shape. The Banana Panel Pop-Up bag is very lightweight but sturdy.
The Banana Panel Pop-Up Bags are made by artisans from the Twivanemubukene Cooperative. We invite you learn more about them here.
The Handcrafted Details
- Artisans craft these bags using panels woven from banana leaves and gitenge fabric found at the markets in Rwanda
- The golden floral fabric is limited edition and will be available while quantities last
- Pop-Up Bags have a removable banana panel in the bottom which gives structure to the bag. When removed, the bags fold flat which is great for storing.
- The interior of the bag does not have pockets or a top closure
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth
- Country of Origin: Handcrafted in Rwanda